Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crochet kufi caps/hats for infants to adults free pattern

Angelica got me started on a huge kufi-making kick. So my crochet hooks and I along with some antique skeins of yarn from my mother's stash had a busy weekend!

Between us, Montie and I have six grandnieces, so these should see some good use.


The free kufi pattern was designed by Erika Luke to fit infants sizes preemie to 24 months and is available here.

The free flower pattern was designed by Melissa and is available here.

Then Karen suggested I try a kufi pattern that she has enjoyed making, which was designed by Britta Graham and is available for purchase here. I have been even more prolific at making this pattern (by the dozens!!) because the majority of the cap is crafted in lazy shell stitch, which works up very quickly and easily. Another nice feature of Britta's pattern is that it's designed to fit sizes preemie to adult.