Monday, January 14, 2019

Changing yarn

Doggone, I HATE IT when yarn manufacturers change the character of a yarn but try to pass it off as the same color. I bought the original version of this blue just six months ago, but when I went back today to get one more skein to finish my project, this is what it looks like now. Argh.

Of course, I'm going to look around online to see if I can find another skein of the old blue somewhere. If I continued with this the way it is it would drive me crazy. LOL If I can find another skein of the old blue I'll go with that. But if not then I'm going to have to rip back this entire blue stripe and make it entirely with the new blue.

The old and the new versions of this blue even have the same frickin barcode. Sheesh!!! 😅 But, yes, I do see that the date codes are different, and the company probably considers that to be equivalent to dye lot coding.