Thursday, June 1, 2023

Haiku Cardi crochet style

I decided to experiment with making a crochet version of the Haiku Cardi. For the fabric, I used the stitch pattern from the Genuine Pleasure Shawl, a free pattern designed by Jamie Swiatek, but just about any triangle shawl pattern with repeating rows would do because that is the base shape for the Haiku Cardi. 


The Genuine Pleasure Shawl has a 10-row pattern repeat, but it's easier to memorize than it sounds, so once you get into the rhythm of it, it becomes simple to read your stitches to figure out where you are as you go without having to constantly keep referring back to the pattern.


I made this to be a housecoat/bathrobe/dressing gown for our guest room, so I made the length a bit longer than I would for a regular cardigan, and I also added pockets to the front using the pockets from the Lazy Diamond Boho Pocket Shawl, a paid pattern designed by Crystal White-Van Cleemput, just because they work up quickly and look super cute.