Friday, January 1, 2021

My First Addi Kingsize Hat

Happy New Year! This is the very first item I knitted on my new Addi Express King Size machine. I used an old hank of what I'm guessing is some Red Heart yarn in a nice red color that I had in my stash (no label). 


Jojo's video says if you want to make a double-layered adult size hat like this you should knit between 140-150 rows, but my yarn hank ran out at 137 rows. That's probably close enough to make a usable hat since this feels like a Red Heart yarn that's on the heavier side of size 4.


Finished hat is about 15 inches long, with the cuff unrolled. Being able to knit and finish an entire hat in less than an hour is miraculous. I will be able to make so many hats to donate to the needy this way that I wouldn't be able to do otherwise. Love these knitting machines.

Total weight: 114 grams