Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Tag It luggage tag free pattern

We have been using these little tags on our luggage for nearly 10 years now. The tags are soft and pliable, so they won't scratch the bags, and their bright colors definitely help make it easier to pick out which suitcases are ours as they pass by on the luggage carousel!

New tag made in 2021 next to an old tag from 2013

We recently added a new suitcase to our collection, so naturally I pulled out my remnant of Day Glow and whipped up another tag before our next trip.

One of my first tags made in 2013

This is the quick and easy crochet Tag It pattern by Tamara Kelly, aka Moogly, which is available for free on her blog.

One of my first tags made in 2013

As I said, I like to use Red Heart in the Day Glow colorway to make these (the bright colors are so easy to see). If you want to have a contrasting color for the edging, Red Heart in the Glow Worm colorway complements the Day Glow nicely.

If you have to attach these to a large handle on your luggage, I suggest using a 4mm hook and starting with a chain of 35.